New in Rhino 7
Use the robust QuadRemesh algorithm to create a beautiful quad mesh from NURBS geometry or meshes. With this release, we’ve unlocked completely new modeling workflows and refined many steadfast features. These are the highlights
For designers who need to explore organic shapes quickly, SubD is a new geometry type that can create editable, highly accurate shapes. Unlike other geometry types, SubD combines free-form accuracy while still allowing quick editing.
Accurate, organic modeling just got easier. Push and pull to explore complex, free-form shapes in realtime.
SubD objects are highly accurate and can be converted directly to manufacturable solids. You can also convert scan or mesh data into SubD objects, then optionally to NURBS.
Rhino.Inside.Revit brings the power of Rhino and Grasshopper to the Autodesk Revit® environment.
Rhino.Inside is a new technology that allows embedding Rhino into other 64-bit Windows applications. Rhino.Inside.Revit is based on this technology and provides a platform for an unprecedented level of integration between Rhino and Revit.
Technically speaking, it is an add-on for Revit that loads Rhino and its plugins (e.g. Grasshopper) into Revit’s memory, just like any other Revit add-ons. Grasshopper brings a collection of new components for interacting with Revit, as well as providing access to the two software APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) using its script components.
Practically speaking, Rhino.Inside.Revit provides a set of tools for bridging the gap between Rhino’s free-form modeling and the world of BIM, opening Grasshopper’s rich ecosystem to the Revit environment, enabling completely new design workflows and possibilities.
Quickly create a quad mesh from existing surfaces, solids, meshes, or SubDs—ideal for rendering, animation, CFD, FEA, and reverse-engineering.
In Rhino 7, we’ve improved the presentation tools, streamlining the workflow with a major update to the Rhino Render engine, so the same look you get in your Raytraced viewport can be rendered without any changes. We’ve added support for PBR materials, a LayerBook command, and more…
Rhino in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Rhinoceros with Grasshopper is a robust 3D modeler for architecture, engineering, fabrication, and construction. Rhino enhances a team’s ability to execute creative building form. Rhino is heavily used for freeform roofs, parametric facades, repetitive components, versatile shapes, or complex structures. Rhino is one of the best tools to explore and develop a wide range of solutions for each stage of the process.
Dynamic Design Tools
Rhino is one of the best tools to explore and develop a wide range of solutions. Rhino combined with Grasshopper is an ideal toolset to generate dynamic associated geometries such as NURBS surfaces, meshes and solid models. Grasshopper can support sophisticated dynamic models used to explore design solutions. Go far beyond what has been previously possible to design or fabricate with the additional information Grasshopper can generate.
- Create parametric systems to explore the design solution.
- Visualize changes realtime.
- Integrate intelligent data sets within the design process.
- Optimization of form and organizational topologies with analytics.
- Filter and configure a wide range of information to inform the design.
- Enable the integration of various file formats in a coordinated process
Analysis and Simulations
Rhino and Grasshopper have a rich ecosystem of plugins that run inside Rhino to allow for early analysis and simulation of your designs. Use integrated plugins or scripts to quickly analyze the ideas. As the design progresses, use the geometry to drive more traditional analysis tools that you already use.
- Site-specific weather, environment, and energy analysis.
- Daylighting analysis of exteriors and interior spaces.
- Structural analysis compatible with many popular packages.
- Pedestrian path and egress analysis.
- Space configurations and scale.
- 3-dimensional view analysis.
BIM and Documentation
Along with various plugins, Rhino integrates with BIM (Building Information Modeling) workflow. Use Rhino features to link geometry and object data with BIM models. Plugins also support import and export with the IFC file format to exchange Rhino models with other AEC applications.
- Rhino.Inside.Revit brings the power of Rhino and Grasshopper to the Autodesk Revit® environment.
- Direct integration with ArchiCAD through the Rhino-Archicad Toolset.
- Use VisualARQ’s FlexibleBIM® features to link geometry and object data.
- Use plugins to exchange BIM objects directly into the workflow.
- Integrate intelligent data sets with BIM models.
- Drive other BIM applications with Grasshopper definitions.
- Manipulate data to translate BIM data from one product to another