WHAT’S NEW IN SOLIDWORKS 2019
WHAT’S NEW IN SOLIDWORKS 2019
1. MESH MODELING OPENS UP NEW DESIGN POSSIBILITIES
• Easily create complex textures by converting 2D appearances
into real 3D geometry
• Use mesh files like they are solids using the new Segment Mesh
• Automatically create 2D sketches at intersections of geometry
and a plane with the Slicing command
Increased capabilities for mesh geometry streamlining reverse engineering and topology optimization.
2. NEW WAYS TO INTERACT WITH SOLIDWORKS
• Support for Microsoft® Surface dial from the Surface Studio
• Sketch gesture recognition enhancements including splines and slots
• Improved Touch mode gestures including copy, select and drag,
and 3D rotate lock
• Customize task pane tabs
Be more productive with the latest interfaces devices and SOLIDWORKS.
3. EXTEND YOUR SOLIDWORKS EXPERIENCE IN AR/VR
• Simplify the path from SOLIDWORKS® to Augmented (AR) and
Virtual Reality (VR) with a new export option called Extended
• Full support of latest graphics card types results in a dramatic
frame rate increase
Faster performance and new ways to interact with your CAD data in AR/VR.
4. CREATE AND WORK WITH LARGE ASSEMBLIES FASTER
• Create new assemblies in Large Design Review mode
• Enhanced Defeature tool gives more control and usability for
• Save assembly as multi-body part has more options and more control
• Automatically lock rotation for Toolbox fasteners
Massive performance gains and workflow optimization with large assemblies.
5. CLEARER AND FASTER COLLABORATION
• New export options for AEC and 3D Interconnect now supports
• 3D Mark up on parts and assemblies (also Pen/Touch enabled)
• Animation can now export .mp4, .flv, .mkv, .png and .jpg
More options for import and export to make collaboration easier.
6. IMPROVED CAPABILITIES FOR EDRAWINGS
• Measure, mark-up and explode features are all now available in
• New file viewing support—JT, Parasolid, NX, ACIS
• eDrawings® Professional can now save as 3D HTML for browserbased
sharing plus AR/VR
Powerful new capabilities for sharing SOLIDWORKS data and viewing other formats.
7. POWERFUL NEW TOOLS FOR PART MODELING
• Partial Fillet and Chamfer
• Interference detection for multi-body parts
• Streamlined insertion of a part with a specific configuration
• Materials and sheet metal parameters linked for sheet metal
Additional capabilities make SOLIDWORKS part modeling more powerful than ever before.
8. MORE FLEXIBILITY AND CONTROL FOR DRAWINGS
• Removed Section Views to show slices of the model at selected
• Drawing Open progress indicator
• Cell border thickness editing
• Customized Hole Table tags, numbers and order
New view creation capabilities and more control for perfect drawings.
9. 3D ANNOTATIONS FOR ALL
• DimXpert is now known as MBD Dimension
• MBD Dimension is available for assemblies in SOLIDWORKS
Standard and above
• Carry over annotations from source to derived and mirrored parts
• MBD support for sheet metal bend notes, tables and lines
Accelerate downstream processes with 3D dimensions and tolerances.
10. MORE EFFICIENT CREATION OF WELDMENTS
• Easy positioning of weldment profile sketch
• Corner treatment enhancements
• Multi-edit structural profiles
More productivity when working with structural sections.
WHAT’S NEW IN SOLIDWORKS
FEATURES FOR THE USERS, REQUESTED BY THE USERS
Great products begin with great designs—from concepts to manufactured parts and assemblies. SOLIDWORKS provides new tools and enhancements to help you get your design to manufacturing faster, with higher quality and at lower costs. From a more intuitive user interface to improved sheet metal design tools, many of the new enhancements and improvements were added based on your requests. Take a look at some of the new features and discover how SOLIDWORKS can help accelerate innovation and grow your business.
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS IN SOLIDWORKS
SOLIDWORKS CAM FOR CNC MACHINING
Users can now seamlessly integrate design and manufacturing with easy-to-use, world class CAM technology. Powered by CAMWorks™, SOLIDWORKS® CAM is production-proven, seamlessly integrated CAM for SOLIDWORKS that provides rules-based machining and automatic feature recognition to dramatically streamline, and even automate, CNC manufacturing operations.
WORK DIRECTLY WITH MESH DATA
Work with mesh data similar to surface or solid geometry. Combine, intersect, split, move/copy, cut with surface, and check for interference. In addition, quickly fit surface bodies to regions of mesh models.
MORE FLEXIBILITY WITH 3D INTERCONNECT
Seamlessly work with more file formats including ACIS, STEP and IGES, and automatically update your design whenever new files are received. In addition, 3D Interconnect now supports internal file information like custom properties, materials properties and reference axes.
NEW, MORE INTUITIVE USER EXPERIENCE
SOLIDWORKS supports freehand sketching with pen or touch on compatible devices. Enhancements to mouse gestures and user interface customization also help speed product development.
REFINED SHEET METAL DESIGN TOOLS
SOLIDWORKS includes tab and slot features for self-fixturing of parts for welding, a normal cut feature to ensure clearances are included for manufacturing, and tools to easily create or flatten corners that include three bends.
COLLABORATE MORE EFFICIENTLY FOR MODEL BASED ENTERPRISE
Speed up design detailing while also streamlining and automating downstream manufacturing tasks, such as CNC programming and inspection, by importing 3D models along with PMI from all major CAD formats, as well as STEP 242.
POWERFUL USABILITY ENHANCEMENTS FOR ELECTRICAL ROUTING
Routing is faster and easier with more detail than ever before. New features include drag and drop of in-line connectors and support for shrink-wraps and boots. Users can also now flatten a route in drawing with support for clips and disjointed routes.
SOLIDWORKS provides new tools and enhancements to help you get your design to manufacturing faster, with higher quality and at lower costs.
GENERATIVE DESIGN FOR BETTER PART GEOMETRY
Utilize the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Topology Study tool to automatically optimize the shape of a design based on weight, function, and manufacturing criteria. Improve performance or reduce product weight based on simulation and manufacturing constraints.
SOLIDWORKS INSPECTION SUPPORT FOR MBD
With the enhancements in SOLIDWORKS , you can now create inspection documentation directly from 3D models with Production Manufacturing Information, as well as from 2D drawings, PDFs, and TIFFs. SOLIDWORKS Inspection is now integrated with SOLIDWORKS PDM, and supports SOLIDWORKS part and assembly files (*.sldprt, *.sldasm), as well as non- native 3D CAD formats.
SOLIDWORKS MANAGE FOR PROJECT AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT
SOLIDWORKS Manage provides data management, project management, and process management all in one familiar package. It adds powerful project, process, and item management capabilities to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional.
DESIGN BRANCHING AND MERGING
Users are able to investigate different design approaches without affecting approved files with the new features in SOLIDWORKS PDM. The software also helps to streamline the process of working with external users.
AUTOMATED PDF CREATION FOR SOLIDWORKS DRAWINGS
SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard can automatically create PDFs from SOLIDWORKS drawings via workflow transitions. The new features eliminate the manual creation of PDFs to enable better collaboration and help the migration from Workgroup PDM.
AUTOMATIC REVISION TABLE UPDATE
SOLIDWORKS PDM can now manage and automatically update SOLIDWORKS revision tables, allowing users to streamline their engineering change processes by reducing manual data entry and drawing updating.
Empower desktop computers with cloud convenience through online licensing. SOLIDWORKS Online Licensing makesusingyourlicenseonmultiplemachines effortless. The SOLIDWORKS login moves customized content and settings to any machine on which SOLIDWORKS is installed. The SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal allows easier management of SOLIDWORKS products and services.
IT’S A SMARTER WAY TO GO
The new features and enhancements in SOLIDWORKS enable designers and engineering teams to work faster than ever before. With 3D design data at the center of the process, SOLIDWORKS allows changes from design or manufacturing to flow automatically to all related CAD models, CAM programs, drawings, and documentation. Managing changes has never been easier.